|Location||At Retreat, Miranda Downs, and Vanrook; south to Gilbert River; north to Pelican Creek and beyond; not farther east than head of Emu Creek; in post-European times shifted west to Normanton where their westernmost camp was on the site they still use on the east side of the township.|
|Co-ordinates||142°10'E x 17°10'S|
|Area||4,000 sq. m. (10,400 sq. km.)|
|References||Mathews, 1899 (Gr. 6445); Sharp, 1939; Tindale, 1940, 1963 MS.|
|Alternative Names||A:rap (valid alternative pronunciation), Aripa, Ngariba (Walangama term).|
This information is reproduced from NB Tindale's Aboriginal Tribes of Australia
(1974). Please be aware that much of the data relating to Aboriginal language group distribution and definition has undergone revision since 1974. Please note also that this catalogue represents Tindale's attempt to depict Aboriginal tribal distribution at the time of European contact.