|Location||Northwest of Annandale, at Kalidawarry, lower portion of Field and Hay rivers; north along the lower Plenty River and in eastern segment of Arunta (sometimes called Simpson) Desert, includes areas carrying ['pitjuri] (Duboisia hopwoodii) shrubs the leaves of which they exploited in trade. They relied on native wells called ['mikari].|
|Co-ordinates||137°10'E x 24°30'S|
|Area||20,000 sq. m. (52,000 sq. km.)|
|References||Mathews, 1900 (Gr. 6526, 6448); Howitt, 1904; Howitt and Siebert, 1904; C. Strehlow, 1910; Elkin, 1931; Tindale, 1934 MS, 1940, 1941.|
|Alternative Names||Wonkamala, Wonkamudla.|
This information is reproduced from NB Tindale's Aboriginal Tribes of Australia
(1974). Please be aware that much of the data relating to Aboriginal language group distribution and definition has undergone revision since 1974. Please note also that this catalogue represents Tindale's attempt to depict Aboriginal tribal distribution at the time of European contact.