|Location||Croker Island and a small area of Cobourg Peninsula opposite the island and at Raffles Bay (originally two tribes that amalgamated before 1840). Jennison uses Margo. One native name for Croker Island is Mangulalgut, another is Margo.|
|Co-ordinates||132°40'E x 11°10'S|
|Area||300 sq. m. (800 sq. km.)|
|References||Earl, 1846, 1853; Sweeney, 1939; Capell, 1942; Berndt and Berndt, 1951, 1964; Elkin, Berndt and Berndt, 1951; Australian Encyclopedia, 1958.|
|Alternative Names||Yaako (['Ja:ko] = no), Terutong, Ajokoot, Marlgu, Marrgu, Ma:go, Margo (a native name for Croker Island), Margu (language name, fide Capell).|
This information is reproduced from NB Tindale's Aboriginal Tribes of Australia
(1974). Please be aware that much of the data relating to Aboriginal language group distribution and definition has undergone revision since 1974. Please note also that this catalogue represents Tindale's attempt to depict Aboriginal tribal distribution at the time of European contact.