|Location||Southern tributaries of Roper River upstream from the mouth of the Hodgson River west to Roper valley; south to Mason Bluff (Mount Mueller) and Hodgson Downs; east to the headwaters of Mountain Creek where in the year 1922 they had a refuge cave with buried stores of water lily seeds, examined by this author.|
|Co-ordinates||134°15'E x 15°0'S|
|Area||1,600 sq. m. (4,200 sq. km)|
|References||Lowre in Curr, 1886; East, 1889; Stretton, 1893; Spencer and Gillen, 1904; Power in Basedow, 1907; Eylmann, 1908; Spencer, 1914; Tindale, 1922 MS, 1925, 1928, 1940, 1963 MS, and MS; Radcliffe-Brown, 1930; Capell, 1942; Australian Encyclopedia, 1958; Elkin in Berndt, 1951; Elkin, 1961; Lockwood, 1962; Sharpe, 1970.|
|Alternative Names||Alaua, Allawa, Allaua, Allua, Allowa, Alowa, Leealowa, Kallaua, Allowiri, Allaura, Galleewo, ? Woo-looami.|
This information is reproduced from NB Tindale's Aboriginal Tribes of Australia
(1974). Please be aware that much of the data relating to Aboriginal language group distribution and definition has undergone revision since 1974. Please note also that this catalogue represents Tindale's attempt to depict Aboriginal tribal distribution at the time of European contact.